Effective Date (Last Updated): August 29, 2020
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information;
- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Sites; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Sites. By accessing or using the Sites, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the Sites. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will provide additional notice by posting notice of the change on the Policy Updates page of our Sites.
If you continue to use our Sites after such changes have been made, you hereby provide your consent to the changes. We recommend that you review this Policy regularly.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. It includes such things as your name, address, date of birth, gender, financial information, as well as your opinions, preferences, and purchase patterns.
Types of information we collect about you and how
Vendor participation is at the request of the vendor or one or more third-parties with which you have a relationship such as an association or management company by which you have paid. The third-party provides us basic information on the business and business owner.
With your consent, we collect personal information in various circumstances. Examples of information we may collect from you includes:
- Company legal name, Company doing business as name, Company Structure, Company business numbers, phone, address, website, fax;
- Owner name, title, address, phone, email, first 5 digits of SSN, date of birth, percent ownership;
- Trade category and specialty, license information and status;
- Insurance agent name, phone, email, Certificate of Liability Insurance;
- Your payment information, such as your credit card information.
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes. In addition, when you visit www.GetVIVED.com we collect all information entered on the Sites, your internet protocol (IP) address geographical location from which you accessed our Sites, cookie identifier, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and information about how you use our Sites (such as which pages you view, when you view them, and what you click on). We use this information to analyze trends and understand more about how you and others interact with our Sites.
We may also collect information about you from third-parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third-parties.
If you write us an email, call us, or send us something via postal service, we collect your personal information so that we can respond to you and to keep a record of our correspondence. We may also collect your personal information if you participate in optional online surveys, submit comments, feedback, questions or product reviews. When you engage in these activities, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
Sometimes we receive more personal information than is needed. We strongly encourage you not to provide us with information beyond that which is necessary for us to provide our services.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our Sites during the same session, so that we do not need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We do not store any longer-lasting cookies to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits but doing so may interfere with your use of our Sites.
Collecting personal information of children
Our Sites and marketing activities are not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children. If we become aware that we have collected the personal information of children, we will promptly take steps to delete such personal information. If you discover your child has provided us personal information without your consent, please contact us.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We do not sell or monetize your information. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the Services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- customize, measure, and improve our Services and the content and layout of our Sites;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- to identify and debug errors on the Sites, detect security incidents, protect against fraud, malicious or illegal activity; and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third-parties.
We may use aggregated or other data that is not personal information for any purpose, including marketing. We may perform various data analytics to gain a better understanding of the users of our Sites.
How we share personal information with other VIVE users
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the VIVE client that you are registering for. This may include your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified VIVE customers.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you using the VIVE web portal. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are a VIVE customer and that the merchant should enable VIVE as a form of payment for your purchase.
Regardless, VIVE does not store or maintain credit records within the VIVE web portal, nor does VIVE disclose your credit card number or bank account numbers to anyone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
How we share personal information with other parties
We only share your personal information when we have a legitimate reason. We may share your personal information with:
- With your consent, we share your information with third parties with which you have a relationship with, such as associations or management companies that use our platform, so that we can provide you with the services you have requested.
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint services and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services to you unless you have consented to receiving communications.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services. Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own use or benefit.
- Companies we plan to merge with or be acquired by, or with parties related to a financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, or receivership. As part of such a transaction, your information may be sold or transferred as permitted by law. If any of these business transfers happen, this Policy would continue to apply to your personal data and the party receiving your data would continue to follow this Policy.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third-parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure;
- we need to do so to comply with law; or
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Other third-parties with your consent or direction to do so.
VIVE will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third-parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third-parties as described in this Policy.
Transferring your personal information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with the Sites improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, such as the United States ("U.S.") with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
How we protect and store personal information
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We store and process your personal information on our computers in the U.S., and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable U.S. federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites. Accessing our Sites and any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using our Sites or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically. If we learn of a security breach, we may notify you by posting a notice on our Sites or by sending an email to you, or as required by law.
How you can access or control your personal information
You have the right to access, verify, update, correct, delete, obtain a copy of, and transfer your personal information that we hold. You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging in to your account and select the "Admin" option from the menu.
When you request access to your personal information by contacting us, we are required to use all reasonable measures to verify your identity before granting access. We do this to protect your data and limit the risk of potential identity fraud/theft or unauthorized access. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We reserve the right to save transaction data as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for purposes of standard business operations.
We may rely on third-party advertising partners who may use technologies such as cookies to learn about your activities on our Sites and on other sites so that they can provide advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you decide to opt-out of cookies by adjusting your browser/device settings, these opt-outs must be performed separately on each device and browser that you wish to have opted out.
If you receive marketing materials from us and wish to unsubscribe from further communications, you may do so by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email. We will process your request within a reasonable period.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize and/or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and/or aggregated data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Third-Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
Our Sites may contain links to other websites not controlled by us, or other websites not controlled by us may reference or link to our Sites. Users should read the privacy policies of every website they interact with. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and visiting these other websites is at your own risk.
Our Sites may contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Sites.
Withdrawing your consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us as described below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions, comments or concerns regarding this Policy, you can contact us via emailby submitting an inquiry under the "Contact Us" option in the menu on our website, GetVIVED.com or by writing to us at our corporate mailing address:
Vendor Information Verification Experts, LLC
6190 Taylor Drive, Suite B
Flint, Michigan 48507
If after contacting us you do not feel that we have adequately addressed your concerns, you may contact: