This policy describes the ways we collect, store, use and protect your personal information. This policy is accepted when you sign up for our Service. This agreement between Vendor Information Verification Experts (“VIVE”) and you (the “Vendor”) sets forth the privacy statement terms and conditions of Vendor’s participation in the VIVE Service (the “Service”) at the request of the Vendor or one or more third parties with which you have a relationship such as an association or management company by which you have paid (“Client”).
We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. In addition, if the revised version includes a substantial change, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notice of the change on the Policy Updates page of our website.
1. How we collect information about you
Vendor participation is at the request of the vendor or one or more third parties with which you have a relationship such as an association or management company by which you have paid. The third party provides basic information on the business and business owner. In addition, when you visit www.GetVIVED.com we collect all information entered, your IP address and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website.
Examples of information we may collect from you:
- Company legal name, Company DBA, Company Structure, Company EIN or SSN, phone, address, website, fax.
- Owner name, title, address, phone, email, first 5 digits of SSN, date of birth, percent ownership
- Trade category and specialty, license information and status
- Insurance agent name, phone, email, Certificate of Liability Insurance
When you are using our Service, we collect information about your account transactions and we may collect information about your computer or other access device for fraud prevention purposes.
Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
When you access our website, we may place small data files called cookies on your computer.
We send a "session cookie" to your computer when you log in to your account. This type of cookie helps us to recognize you if you visit multiple pages on our site during the same session, so that we do not need to ask you for your password on each page. Once you log out or close your browser, this cookie expires and no longer has any effect.
We do not store any longer-lasting cookies to display your e-mail address on our sign-in form.
We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits but doing so may interfere with your use of our website.
3. How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term personal information to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
4. How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- process transactions and send notices about your transactions
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our website;
- send you targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
5. How we share personal information with other VIVE users
To process your payments, we need to share some of your personal information with the VIVE client that you are registering for. Your contact information, date of sign-up, the number of payments you have received from verified VIVE customers.
We work with merchants to enable them to accept payments from you using the VIVE web portal. In doing so, a merchant may share information about you with us, such as your email address, when you attempt to pay that merchant. We use this information to confirm to that merchant that you are a VIVE customer and that the merchant should enable VIVE as a form of payment for your purchase.
Regardless, does not store or maintain credit records within the VIVE web portal, nor does VIVE disclose your credit card number or bank account numbers to anyone, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so to comply with a subpoena or other legal process.
6. How we share personal information with other parties
We may share your personal information with:
- Members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, provide joint services and for other business purposes. However, these corporate affiliates will not use this information to market their services to you unless you have approved it.
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations; (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when:
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our Terms and Conditions.
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
VIVE will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
7. How you can access or change your personal information
You can review your personal information and make any necessary changes, at any time by logging in to your account and select the "Admin" option from the menu.
8. How you can contact us about privacy questions
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us via email from the "Contact Us" option in the menu on our website, GetVIVED.com or by writing to us at our corporate mailing address posted on our website, GetVIVED.com.